Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaNoWriMo


So I'd heard of the odd collection of letters in the title of this post several months ago and definitely missed out on last year's event. Just an hour ago The Wife comes home and asks what it means. A quick google search leads to the National Novel Writing Month homepage.

I don't know if I would have been up for this last year, but this year it's something I'm going to go for, and The Wife is joining me as my writing buddy. If anyone else out there is interested in NaNoWriMo and needs a buddy or two, let us know as I have a feeling I'll be posting updates here on my efforts.

Of course I'm jumping the gun here. What is NaNoWriMo? Basically every year in November a large number of people (tens of thousands) set out to write 50,000+ words by midnight 11/30, local time.

I had my doubts for a good 15 minutes because I wasn't sure what I wanted to write. I needed a prompt, hell, I need a genre. Then it occurred to me, I just wrote the seed of 31 different stories throughout the last month via my Shocktober posts. I'm not sure which one I'll end up using, but there's my motivation. Wish us luck!

EDIT: I decided to draw inspiration from October 7th's Shocktober post, for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noble Knight Games

Wanna support The Hopeless Gamer? Shop at Noble Knight Games via the banner below!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...