Monday, November 23, 2009

Gaming Thanksgiving post

The Hopeless Gamer and I agreed to make gaming related posts this week in honor of Thanksgiving. I am posting this today as we will be playing music at a local Salvation Army donation bucket tomorrow night and The Hopeless Gamer I believe plans on a Wednesday posting. My focus in this post is to give thanks for the gaming highlights from the past year.


First, I am thankful for my Friday night game group. These guys have been a ton of fun to play with this last year. We have tried a ton of different RPGs including Call of Cthulhu, Dread, D&D 4E, Star Wars Saga and 3:16. The One Shot Call of Cthulhu game Digging for a Dead God was the highlight of my GMing. I combined many of the ideas learned from other GMs on Friday nights and at GenCon for a very atmospheric game of distrust and murder.


Next, I am Thankful for the releases by FFG and Games Workshop in the different Warhammer worlds. Specifically, I have found a lot of fun playing SpaceHulk, Chaos in the Old World and Warhammer:Invasion. All are great games and unique in their own ways.


I am also Thankful for the small publisher that produced We Didn't Play Test This At All!. A Very fun game that can end with only one card being played.


I am Thankful that my sister-in-law and sister were both able to attend GenCon with us this year in Indy. We had a great time. I am Thankful that we all wore costumes and were able to play in a great game of Dread with a very good GM (whose style I have tried to emulate as she did a great job creating atmosphere by taking on the characters, listening to the players and keeping the game moving).


Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noble Knight Games

Wanna support The Hopeless Gamer? Shop at Noble Knight Games via the banner below!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...