Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cosmic Patrol Hardcover is looking very good!

I posted following Gencon that one of my biggest surprises - as in something I had never even heard of going into the convention - was picking up a small softcover pre-release version of a new indie-styled (i.e. simply not traditional or very crunchy) pulp sci-fi game Cosmic Patrol from Catalyst Games (Battletech, Shadowrun). I love my little softcover version, but those hardcovers to the right there look very nice.

Cosmic Patrol is a game that captured my imagination right away. The rules are simple, the setting expansive and open to interpretation, and the art is just awesome. I'm very excited to see that Cosmic is finally getting it's wide release, and highly recommend you pick up a copy. I'm almost debating myself to pick up an additional copy just to have both soft and hardcover versions. It's an incredibly fun-looking little game, and I can't wait to see what Catalyst has planned next for it as hinted at on the recent blog post announcing the release of the hardcover.

2 comments:

  1. That design lends itself really well to hardback - I mean it really looks like a 30's-50's manual or book. Ace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, it's almost like an old-school college textbook - but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete

Noble Knight Games

Wanna support The Hopeless Gamer? Shop at Noble Knight Games via the banner below!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...