Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gamer Christmas List: Frontiers


To kick off the gamer Christmas list I thought I'd put something on here that's actually been on my list two years in a row now (and will have a purchase on my part if Santa doesn't bring it this year either :D). Frontiers is a game from Asmodee Editions. If you aren't familiar with the company or don't do board games a whole bunch, Asmodee has created a lot of quality games that have made big splashes on the board game scene. Games like Dungeon Twister, Cash'n Guns and the future Claustrophobia are known throughout the community and have received a lot of praise.

Frontiers is not. This is not to say that it doesn't deserve this kind of praise, I can't really say so at this point, having never played it. However, chances are good it might not be quite as innovative than the other games Asmodee produces. Of course that's not what I'm looking for here. My goal is to get a miniatures game I don't have to:

1. Pay $40.00 or more for four models.

2. Paint. I can't do it.

3. Need to continue to collect to add value.

4. Need several bookshelves to store.

5. Is Fun.

Throw in the fact that it's sci-fi themed and we have a winner. The game is a miniatures game that stores in a relatively tiny box (smaller than many board game boxes). It's completely self-containted in containing two complete armies. I've also heard there's a third army that's completely free and available to print. In a time where The Bro and I are looking at more two player games again, it's definitely a nice cheap option for a wargame.

(Image borrowed from Asmodee's website.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noble Knight Games

Wanna support The Hopeless Gamer? Shop at Noble Knight Games via the banner below!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...