Thursday, November 5, 2009
What's awesome right now?
Glad you asked! There are a couple of things that are awesome right now, and you didn't even know. I bet you didn't!
1. Getting FFG's board game card sleeves for both Galactica and the Pegasus expansion. I picked these up on Tuesday and they are indeed quite awesome. I've been using random CCG-sized card sleeves for a good period of time now on those BSG cards (of which there are many), and finally I went all-in and picked up four packs each of the european style card sleeves offered directly from Fantasy Flight Games. They're all transparent on both sides and they all match! It makes a world of difference having the slimmer sleeves for the normal sized card, and it's completely awesome that they know make sleeves for the smaller cards. Now if our new kitten would stop trying to eat the actual boardgame boxes, I can confidently say my copies of BSG are going to see a lot of play and last a long time. (You can find the card sleeves themselves here at FFG's website.)
2. Speaking of FFG, this picture in particular is quite scintillating and sexy. Even though I don't necessarily want to play or pay the price, just seeing them all stacked up is so tempting. Starter sets of anything will always make a fool out of me for how badly I'm attracted to them.
3. My NaNoWriMo novel is coming along fine, although I skipped yesterday (bad Hopeless Gamer, bad!). It's fun writing with such complete abandon and allowing yourself to write something really, really bad, at least from your own personal, too-high-standards point of view.
4. Hammer Horror movies are awesome. I don't know what finally motivated me, but I've picked up a couple of double feature DVD's from Netflix and have not been disappointed in their awesomeness. Peter Cushing is quickly becoming my favorite actor!
5. I'm working on my next article for Eye of the Vortex. It's another White Wolf article that looks at one of the most important books in the line. I'm not going to reveal it here quite yet, but you should check out the website if you haven't yet, the guys there are awesome and we cover a ton of different gaming topics.
6. I'm still in the early stages of planning my first All Flesh Must Be Eaten session, but I think it's going to be good. Brainstorming for NaNoWriMo has got me thinking about some pretty great concepts that I know the guys haven't seen yet in a game all together, so here's hoping that continues going strong.
(Image today is brought to you by the Cool Aggregator, thanks!)