Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gencon - Spendcon




Gencon Indy is just around the corner, it's so close, I'm ready to jump out from the other side to scare it and make it drop all its games on the ground and steal those games as I run away because I made Gencon pee itself, and it makes me shed just one little tear for Gencon's pride...dripping down its leg.

Oh Gencon, how I love thee. My brother and I have been attending it since, I believe, the halcyon days of 2002 when Gencon was just a little kid still in Milwaukee (spending it's newborn years in Lake Geneva, WI, of course). Those were great Gencon's only being about and hour and a half away. I spent so much money on little collectible plastic minis and board games, well, let's just say, I'm happy to be in the much cheaper hobby of tabletop roleplaying at this point.

The extra four and a half hour drive did not deter us form our love and excitement for the 'con once it moved to Indy. It's kind of funny to look back and think that we were only ever interested in board games and mini's games for so long and still got so much out of Gencon. It was just this last Gencon that we had actually spent time roleplaying, and I'm even more excited this year than ever before.

All of this brings me to my big announcement (that no one will read): I'll hopefully be picking up a copy of Geist: The Sin-Eaters next week as it debuts at Gencon. My plan is to do my first ever review on this blog by looking in-depth at Geist. I'm going to be starting with a flip-through review where I talk about the cover, production quality, artwork, and general feel of the book. This is the shallowest of reviews possible, but I'll be trying to replicate the experience of going to an actual store and flipping through it. After that I will be posting a chapter-by-chapter review hopefully with a new post on every-other day. Excitement!

More on Gencon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noble Knight Games

Wanna support The Hopeless Gamer? Shop at Noble Knight Games via the banner below!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...