Monday, September 12, 2011

Fly You Fools!

It's a great time to be a Lord of the Rings gamer. We're well into the first expansion round of releases for the epic Lord of the Rings LCG from Fantasy Flight Games, and The One Ring RPG from Cubicle 7 has proven to be better than I had hoped. There's an insane amount of original art being produced for Tolkien's work and none of it fails to inspire excitement and an urge to run my own Middle Earth game.

This post is short, and not really without a big point other than the fact that I'm very excited to see that FFG has announced Khazad-Dum, the first deluxe expansion for the card game. I was actually really hoping that this is the style of deluxe expansions that we would be getting for the game. Much like the Adventure Packs which feature a string of quests all leading to an overall goal (this first one being to track down Gollum), K-D looks like it's going to offer up three very thematic Dwarven heavy missions to explore the Mines of Moria.  I can't wait to get my hands on this and see what the two new dwarven heroes have to offer. My mind wanders when I try to think of other legenary locations FFG could place an entire deluxe expansion into for future releases. I expect we'll see an explicitly-Hobbit themed expansion or two with the movies coming out over the next couple of years. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noble Knight Games

Wanna support The Hopeless Gamer? Shop at Noble Knight Games via the banner below!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...