Sunday, November 7, 2010

NaNoWriMo Check-in Time!

So, we're a solid week into NaNoWriMo, and it's confession time. But first, a quick review of NaNo. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel starting November 1st and ending November 30th. It's National Novel Writing Month! The much smaller goal (but still quite admirably an undertaking!) is to write 1,667 words a day in order to reach the overall 50,000 words in 30 days.

As I reviewed earlier this week, I'm cheating as much as possible. First off, I'm not writing a novel for NaNo. Instead I'm going to be sprinting a bunch more content for a game I've been working on. I said I would let out a couple of little snippets, but honestly I don't know where to start and what would be really constructive. So, with being as vague as possible, I'm working on a sci-fi game. There! Now you have a spoiler - that is if you wanted one to begin with.

So how have I been doing in reaching my goal? There's another cheat! I started November 1st with around 17,000 words. At that starting place, I only would have needed to average 1,100 words a days to reach 50,000. Of course I haven't done that. Instead I'm now at 19,665. It's not bad, and actually quite high if I would have started with zero words (if that was the case, I should have been at 11,667 words by today), but it only averages to 381 words a day. Naturally I've only written two or three days this week, but it's just really not up to chops. Soon I'm going to fall behind the curve if I don't really amp up my writing. The stuff that I have created so far is focusing on introduction and fluff material, but soon I'm going to have to take another crack at building some more crunch.

The good news is that this week I have a lot of time on my own as Andrea's working most nights this week. This should give me a good chance at being less distracted by fun stuff (and Infamous which I'm currently nearing the end of my second play-through - evil this time). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noble Knight Games

Wanna support The Hopeless Gamer? Shop at Noble Knight Games via the banner below!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...