Saturday, June 19, 2010

Free RPG Day 2010!

So it's clearly Free RPG day across the U.S. (and internationally? I'm guessing no?) and people should be happy picking up all the goods available to them. I ended up picking up the L5R 4th Edition Starter, the Castles & Crusades quick start, and the Deathwatch quick start - all three games I'm very excited to give a good shot. I'm especially impressed with AEG's and FFG's effots for L5R and Deathwatch, respectively since the books are in amazing full color with great illustrations.

On the homefront, there weren't any games (that we could see) being ran using the quick starts or for general in-store demo's. That being said, both stores were more busy than general, so at least all of their customers would destined to come in today. To help support the stores, I did pick up some stuff as well including the Armory Wars fixed Heroclix set (I have Iron Man now! Woo!), a comic or two, and finally getting the other book in the Geist: The Sin-Eaters product line, Book of the Dead.

All-in-all, I came away with some great free - and otherwise - swag and am pleased with what was available. I get to get even more excited for the end of the month when I get Legends of the 5 Rings 4th Edition, I get to have our group try out Death Watch before picking it up at Gencon, and we get to play one of the most prolific retro clones out there with Castles & Crusades. Pretty good day.

How'd everyone else do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noble Knight Games

Wanna support The Hopeless Gamer? Shop at Noble Knight Games via the banner below!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...