Sunday, November 29, 2009

Busy Slapsgiving!


Well, I've certainly had a successful Thanksgiving weekend. So much I'd like to extend it for another week (this will not happen)! The wife and I got fat and silly with no less than three Thanksgiving dinners between both sides of the family. After the feasts we faced the doom of Black Friday. We were hoping for one of the doorbuster PS3 slim bundles to go a long with our newly-picked-up 40 inch LCD tv (Christmas and yours truly's way, way early birthday present). We eyed the incredibly deal at Wal-mart that included Batman Arkham Asylum, The Dark Knight Blu-Ray, and InFamous. It was by far the most appealing, and thus had the most competition for it.

We decided nothing would be worth camping out in the cold for 12+ hours, so we woke up at 4:00 on Friday morning, trudged to the local Super-Wally-World and found the line for PS3's/Xbox360's which was large, but not impossible for their supply of 51 bundles. It was terrifying, let me tell you this my friends. After 45 minutes in line, we met success, and the smell of the unwashed Wal-mart consumer masses (ourselves included at this point in the story) was never sweeter, and not in the sickly kind of festering wound way. We also picked up a copy of Lord of the Rings: Conquest for $15.00. I'm a sucker for some sweet Gondor action, I'M SORRY!

Anyway, from there we make it to Best Buy to pick up Dragon Age: Origins for $35.00, Resident Evil 5 for $20.00, and GhostBusters Blu-ray for 13.99. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Combine this with my Goozex snags of Metal Gear Solid 4, Fallout 3, and Resistance: The Fall of Man, I have quite the library right off the bat off PS3 games, so yay!

Now it's time for a confession - I've only been playing InFamous for the last three days. Every game I've picked up I really wanted to play, but Infamous has grabbed me, and it's just awesome. I'm going the hero route as opposed to the villian (or "Infamous") route my first time through, and I do feel like quite the hero to the people of Empire City. I had no idea how totally frakkin' amazing HD games would look, but they blow my mind.

OK! Enough video game talk! This isn't that kind of blog! There is very little-to-no dice rolling in video games! Argh! I'll be back at it soon enough. I still am planning for my All Flesh Must Be Eaten session number one, hopefully for this friday if all the guys are going to be there. I need to write up some NPC's character sheets still and flesh out the goals for the first night, but I feel pretty close at this point. It's also Decemeber starting Tuesday which means Christmas time! Periodically throughout the month, The Bro and I will be posting our Gamer Christmas lists - gaming related items we either want for Christmas or could recommend as a gift for the gamer in your life.

I gotta get back to saving Empire City...

(Image borrowed from Select Start Games blog's article comparing InFamous and Prototype (hint: InFamous wins), Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noble Knight Games

Wanna support The Hopeless Gamer? Shop at Noble Knight Games via the banner below!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...