Thursday, October 22, 2009

Here's something I'll never own...


The War of the Ring Collector's Edition!

It was previewed at Gencon, and I knew as soon as I heard the phrase "Collector's Edition" used in regard to a game that retails for $80.00, I was whatever the opposite of "sold" was.

Now, don't get me wrong, WotR is awesome. It's probably my favorite game based on Tolkien's work out there. It's deep (Helm's deep), has many different ways for both good and evil players to win, and the gameplay invokes the journey of the Lord of the Rings like no other game based on any other property does.

All that being said, I'm not spending $400.00 on any game that I can't crawl into and seal behind me as I activate the cockpit. Yes, painted mini's are awesome, as is the giant game box, which I thought was simply promotional materials and not actual game materials, since it was so ridiculous big, but it's $400.00. I could buy four copies of Tides of Iron and have enough left over for one of the expansions.

I'm not saying no one will buy it, a ton of people will. It's just something I'll never own.

(Image borrowed from FFG's product page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noble Knight Games

Wanna support The Hopeless Gamer? Shop at Noble Knight Games via the banner below!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...